Located in the heart of the Europe of Science and Technology, Télécom Physique Strasbourg (TPS) is:
- an internal institution of the University of Strasbourg (Unistra).
- affiliated to the Institut Mines-Télécom (IMT) – a group of French engineering and management graduate schools –
- a unit of the Institut Carnot "Télécom et société numérique" – an R&D public institution specialized in digital innovation –.
TPS is strongly involved in the IMT Grand Est, a unique and ambitious cooperation network signed in July 2018 between the IMT and 6 engineering schools in the French East region (Mines Nancy, Télécom Nancy, Géologie Nancy, GIP InSIC, Télécom Physique Strasbourg, and the École et Observatoire des Sciences de la Terre). The network aims at developing collaborations between these institutions and enhancing potential for innovation purposes and also at serving the local territory.
TPS is a member of the:
- Conférence des Grandes Ecoles (a national society including mainly graduate schools but also private companies as well as organizations in the fields of engineering, management, politics, etc.)
- Concours Communs Institut National Polytechnique group
- Concours Mines-Télécom group (both managing competitive national exams for graduate schools)
- réseau Alsace Tech which gathers engineering, architecture and management schools in Alsace
- réseau Ampère with which it is involved in international actions (incoming and outgoing mobility).
4 study areas
Authorized to award 4 Engineering degrees by the Commission des Titres d'Ingénieurs (CTI), the vocation of the School is to train creative and innovative Research and Development (R&D) Engineers in the most strategic industries, namely the new digital economy, engineering for healthcare and data economics.
Admission to our training courses is based on a highly competitive national examination (CCINP and Mines-Télécom) and on application. The courses at TPS are organized into 4 study areas.
The Director’s message
The main fields of expertise of our Engineers relate to Physics, Microelectronics and Nanosciences, Control Theory and Robotics, Computer Science and Networks (Digital Infrastructures and Internet of Things), Data Processing (Data Science / Big Data which includes Signal and Image Processing), Optics and Laser as well as Engineering for Healthcare.
The students trained at Télécom Physique Strasbourg are thus able to meet the challenges linked to Information and Communications Science and Technology (ICT), accessing one of the largest employment pools for today's executives. The globalized environment in wich they progress provides strong growth prospects driven by the 3rd industrial revolution under way with the exponential development of the digital economy.
The school is supported by two internationally visible research institutes of the University of Strasbourg, namely ICube and the IPCMS, which allows for outstanding options and studies including the possibility of a dual degree (Engineering + Master’s) for students who wish to include a research pathway to their curriculum.
The educational project of TPS is versatile: providing high scientific- and technical- level Engineers with multiple skills such as the ability to manage a team and to become the driving forces behind the development of their company. It is also a question of combining the two fundamental qualities of today's Engineer: the ability to meet immediate needs of companies and the essential adaptability to ongoing technological change.